Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Horsin' around!

Okay, so if you bet that I wouldn’t be able to update our blog regularly, cash in your chips now. Sad, I know, but I always seem to be playing catch up! Oh well, better late than never.

Those of you who know me well know I spent the majority of my adolescence in a pool, swimming competitively. What you might not know is that I also had a love for horses and secretly always wanted a horse of my own to ride. Perhaps this is a common wish for little girls because I remember my friends and I spending hours on the play ground ‘playing horses’ – trotting around and such. I even attended horse camp for a week where I had my very own horse, Dolly. But, I digress…

At the tender age of two (and a couple months), Hannah Claire has already ridden a horse! My brother, Ryan, and his girlfriend, Kristina, live in Gaffney, SC and have a horse named Cricket. We visited them about a month ago and took Hannah Claire to see the stables and to ride Cricket. I fully expected her to enjoy the horses from a distance, but was prepared for her to pitch a fit if we got too close or, God forbid, tried to get her to ride. Boy was I wrong! Once she got comfortable being around the horses and rode Cricket for the first time, she didn’t want to get off. Every time someone else would try to ride, she’d tell us it was still her turn. I think Uncle Ryan and Aunt Kristina are going to have to add a pony to their stable. Maybe I’ll get to live out my horse dreams vicariously through Hannah Claire!

No comments: