Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Feeling the love...

Happily Ever Laughter… I swear, some days this could be the official motto of the Jowers household. Probably so for most families with a toddler! But, I can’t take credit for the creative phrase since it was actually the title of the mini-marriage retreat Ryan and I attended a couple weekends ago. Thanks to some great gals at SRBC, we were able to have a night away at Simpsonwood Retreat. We thoroughly enjoyed the couple-only time and loved getting to know other couples from our church better. Friday night included a bonfire and Saturday included renewing our vows in the sweetest little chapel. We even celebrated with punch and wedding cake petit fours! Never thought I’d be able to claim being part of a group wedding ceremony…





We celebrated the universal day of love by taking Hannah Claire to the Big Apple Circus at Stone Mountain. Nothing says “I love you” like front row seats at the circus! Our friends, the Boltins, joined us and Hannah Claire and Henry seemed quite pleased with their Valentine’s Day date. In fact, Hannah Claire spent the majority of the show sitting in either Laurie’s or Chris’ lap. We’re sure she was just trying to get closer to Henry, so Ryan and I pretended our feelings weren’t hurt. I think my favorite part of the day was during the picture taking before we went into the circus tent. Hannah Claire stuck one finger out and asked Henry to hold her hand. Ah, the fickleness of a female!







No comments: